ArmorWall Structural Insulated Sheathing™ Non-Coated (NC) is a UL Classified and tested, high strength, fire resistant exterior insulated wall sheathing product. Unique to the ArmorWall product line, ArmorWall NC arrives at the job site without additional factory-applied coatings, providing greater flexibility in the choices of field-applied coatings or membranes that must be used. ArmorWall NC panels require a field-applied water-resistant membrane prior to installation of the exterior wall finish. MaxLife tests these panels for compatibility and performance with a large array of membranes.
ArmorWall NC is an excellent choice for building projects where the final cladding material isn’t yet known, but the building needs to be dried-in.
Like other products in the ArmorWall series, ArmorWall NC uses MaxLife’s proprietary technology that fuses a structural element to the exterior face of a fused insulation layer. This innovative Structural Insulated Sheathing (SIS) assembly modernizes the installation of commercial and multifamily wall assemblies.
A tremendous benefit to general contractors and installers, ArmorWall NC requires just one installation revolution around a building in place of the traditional four, reducing costs and time to weather-in by weeks. Magnesium Oxide (MgO), a natural mineral with fire resistance properties, is fused onto the exterior face of each panel, replacing common gypsum and cementitious compounds that otherwise require additional coatings, time and cost.
ArmorWall NC’s innovative properties allow projects to meet and exceed continuous insulation, building code and green certification programs faster and more cost effectively. ArmorWall NC is manufactured in a near zero waste manufacturing plant in North Carolina.
Key Features of ArmorWall NC Include:
- The intentional lack of a factory-applied coating provides greater flexibility in the choices for field-applied coatings or membranes, particularly in cases where the final exterior cladding material is not yet known.
- No components exist within the product that allow any growth of mold or mildew as tested by ASTM C1338.
- Meets FEMA design standards for flood resistant materials.
ArmorWall NC is the Best Solution for These Building Types:
- Core and shell building construction or renovation that will result in tenant upfits, particularly to the exterior cladding, at a later time.
- Retail, office and low-rise buildings.
Project Highlights Featuring ArmorWall NC:
- Peoria Green Multifamily Building in Chicago, IL: Learn how ArmorWall NC was a key solution to providing a strong and durable fire-rated building enclosure system in a lightweight wall design that allowed for metal and masonry cladding.
- Mixed-Use New Construction Building for Sawyer Yards in Houston, TX: Learn how the developer used ArmorWall NC to provide added flexibility in the final exterior cladding materials that future retail and office tenants would choose for this mixed-use project.
Know the Advantages of ArmorWall:
NFPA 285 Approved
Fully passed the NFPA 285 on its own without a required cladding on the front. This allows most UL tested, listed, and approved exterior finishes to qualify as part of the complete wall assembly.
Panel is manufactured using patented fusion technology bestowing unique properties to ArmorWall NC. Lamination not being party to the process allows a smooth foam backing.
Thanks to the fusion technology and the elements of which ArmorWall is comprised, the structural strength of the panel allows direct attachment for cladding to the panel without the requirement of pin-pointing the studs.
Thermal Control Layer
The insulating layer of high density foam insulation is fused to the structural sheathing element which provides ease of use when conforming to the continuous insulation requirements in evolving building codes. The thermal layer is offered in a few standard thicknesses to meet the project required R-Values.
ArmorWall is ideal for handling the stress of factory-built wall assembly manufacturing process, including movement within the facility, deflection during transportation, and racking during wall erection. Self-adhered membranes have tremendous adhesion to the ArmorWall surface.
Mold and Mildew Resistant
No paper facings exist within the assembly to promote any biological growth.