ArmorWall Structural Insulated Sheathing™ Non Permeable (NP) includes a factory-applied self-healing non permeable air barrier membrane. One of the newest products in the ArmorWall series, it was created to provide a non permeable option that can be used in areas of high wind, strong rains and high humidity. ArmorWall NP is one of the industry’s most durable, most weather resistant and most fire resistant insulated wall sheathing products available. It provides a strong and smooth vapor permeable attachment point for exterior cladding materials while also meeting continuous insulation requirements.
Amongst the factory-coated panels in the ArmorWall series, ArmorWall NP has an applied non permeable water-resistant barrier coating. Once seam and fasteners have been sealed, the enclosure may be considered “dried-in” allowing interior construction to commence regardless of final exterior finish status.
ArmorWall NP’s innovative properties allow projects to meet and exceed continuous insulation, building code and green certification programs faster and more cost effectively. ArmorWall NP is manufactured in a near zero waste manufacturing plant in North Carolina.
Key Features of ArmorWall NP Include
- Offers designers added freedom of being able to use legacy design features and innovative wall systems while at the same time improving construction speed, efficiency and code compliance.
- Non permeability offers high performance moisture and humidity management in the building enclosure system.
- No components exist within the product that allow any growth of mold or mildew as tested by ASTM C1338.
- Meets FEMA design standards for flood resistant materials.
ArmorWall NP is the Best Solution for These Building Types
- High humidity indoor environments such as natatoriums or cold storage facilities
- Buildings located in high wind zones, flood zones or hurricane-prone climates
- Buildings located in regions with heavy rain seasons and high humidity