ArmorWall Structural Insulated Sheathing™ PermaBase® (PB) is a unique product in the ArmorWall series that fuses a cementitious element to the exterior face of the insulation layer in place of our traditional Magnesium Oxide (MgO) layer. ArmorWall PB is designed to be installed over sheathing and a water-resistant barrier as with traditional wall assemblies.
While the exterior face of the sheathing maintains the durable properties of other products in the ArmorWall series, MaxLife’s proprietary technology incorporates a drainage plane on the back side. This interior facing drainage plane is designed to sit against the water-resistant barrier on either a steel framed or mass wall substrate. In doing so, ArmorWall PB serves as a second drainage plane, allowing project teams to more easily meet code requirements.
ArmorWall PB’s innovative properties allow projects to meet and exceed continuous insulation, building code and green certification programs faster and more cost effectively. ArmorWall PB is manufactured in a near zero waste manufacturing plant in North Carolina.
Key Features of ArmorWall PB Include:
- ArmorWall PB requires just one installation revolution around a building in place of the traditional three. By incorporating the durable sheathing, insulation and drainage layers into one panel, project teams can reduce costs and time to weather-in by weeks.
- ArmorWall PB is designed to accept direct adhered masonry, EIFS and stucco applications while allowing a continuity between differing exterior finish materials and differing ArmorWall panels to which they are applied.
- ArmorWall PB serves as one of the two desired drainage planes for cementitious cladding applications and is designed to be installed over a separate substrate with water-resistant barrier.
- The insulated rigid substrate includes a layer of Portland cement, which contributes to ArmorWall PB’s hard, durable surface that is able to withstand prolonged exposure to moisture.
- No paper facings exist within the assembly to promote any biological growth.
ArmorWall PB is the Best Solution for These Building Types:
- Multifamily housing developments where cladding options need to offer high durability at low costs, such as for developers that will also own the building(s) for years to come.
- Areas such as retail where EIFS are exposed to public interaction (e.g. shopping carts running into walls, entry ways, etc.).
Project Highlights Featuring ArmorWall PB:
- Project highlights and case studies are in the works – check back soon for more information!
Know the Advantages of ArmorWall:
NFPA 285 Approved
ArmorWall PB meets and has been tested to the requirements of NFPA 285. It is also the only panel in the series that requires 5/8" gypsum sheathing and a water-resistive barrier prior to installataion.
Panel is manufactured using patented fusion technology bestowing unique properties to ArmorWall. Lamination not being party to the process allows a smooth foam backing. ArmorWall PB is unique in that it is currently the only panel in the series to fuse portland cement board instead of Magnesium Oxide to the high density foam
Thermal Control Layer
The insulating layer of high density foam insulation is fused to the structural sheathing element which provides ease of use when conforming to the continuous insulation requirements in evolving building codes. The thermal layer is offered in a few standard thicknesses to meet the project required R-Values.
ArmorWall is ideal for handling the stress of factory-built wall assembly manufacturing process, including movement within the facility, deflection during transportation, and racking during wall erection. Self-adhered membranes have tremendous adhesion to the ArmorWall surface.
Resulting from the fusion technology ArmorWall PB integrates a smooth high density foam water drainage plane standing the panel off of the WRB with our patent pending profile negating the need for another drainage solution.
Mold and Mildew Resistant
No paper facings exist within the assembly to promote any biological growth.
For additional information and technical details on ArmorWall PB, reference these documents: