ArmorWall Structural Insulated Sheathing™ Vapor Permeable (VP) is the most popular product in the ArmorWall series thanks to its high strength and fire resistance properties. Amongst the factory-coated panels in the ArmorWall series, ArmorWall VP arrives complete with a vapor permeable water-resistant barrier coating. Once seam and fasteners have been sealed the envelope may be considered “dried-in” allowing interior construction to commence regardless of final exterior finish status.
A tremendous benefit to general contractors and installers, ArmorWall VP requires just one installation revolution around a building in place of the traditional four, reducing costs and time to weather-in by weeks. ArmorWall VP’s innovative properties allow projects to meet and exceed continuous insulation, building code and green certification programs faster and more cost effectively.
ArmorWall VP is manufactured in a near zero waste manufacturing plant in North Carolina.
Key Features of ArmorWall VP Include
- Utilizes a factory-applied self-healing vapor permeable air barrier membrane. In addition to the natural permeability of the panel itself, this membrane allows for any moisture to drive to the exterior face after installation up to and during the construction phase.
- Testing by ASTM E72 demonstrates ArmorWall VP to be stronger than many other sheathing and wood products when attached directly to the stud with no required interior blocking.
- No components exist within the product that allow any growth of mold or mildew as tested by ASTM C1338.
- Meets FEMA design standards for flood resistant materials.
ArmorWall VP is the Best Solution for These Building Types
- Medical office buildings
- High rise buildings
- Multifamily buildings
- Institutional buildings
- Municipal buildings
- Mixed-use and retail buildings