ArmorWall Structural Insulated Sheathing™ Vapor Permeable (VP) is the most popular product in the ArmorWall series thanks to its high strength and fire resistance properties. Amongst the factory-coated panels in the ArmorWall series, ArmorWall VP arrives complete with a vapor permeable water-resistant barrier coating. Once seam and fasteners have been sealed the envelope may be considered “dried-in” allowing interior construction to commence regardless of final exterior finish status.
Like other products in the ArmorWall series, ArmorWall VP uses MaxLife’s proprietary technology that fuses a structural element to the exterior face of a fused insulation layer. This innovative Structural Insulated Sheathing (SIS) assembly modernizes the installation of commercial and multifamily wall assemblies.
A tremendous benefit to general contractors and installers, ArmorWall VP requires just one installation revolution around a building in place of the traditional four, reducing costs and time to weather-in by weeks. Magnesium Oxide (MgO), a natural mineral with fire resistance properties, is fused onto the exterior face of each panel, replacing common gypsum and cementitious compounds that otherwise require additional coatings, time and cost.
ArmorWall VP’s innovative properties allow projects to meet and exceed continuous insulation, building code and green certification programs faster and more cost effectively. ArmorWall VP is manufactured in a near zero waste manufacturing plant in North Carolina.
Key Features of ArmorWall VP Include:
- Utilizes a factory-applied self-healing vapor permeable air barrier membrane. In addition to the natural permeability of the panel itself, this membrane allows for any moisture to drive to the exterior face after installation up to and during the construction phase.
- Testing by ASTM E72 demonstrates ArmorWall VP to be stronger than many other sheathing and wood products when attached directly to the stud with no required interior blocking.
- No components exist within the product that allow any growth of mold or mildew as tested by ASTM C1338.
- Meets FEMA design standards for flood resistant materials.
ArmorWall VP is the Best Solution for These Building Types:
- Medical office buildings.
- High rise buildings.
- Multifamily buildings.
- Institutional buildings.
- Municipal buildings.
- Mixed-use and retail buildings.
Project Highlights Featuring ArmorWall VP:
- Life Time Fitness in Oakbrook, IL, Peabody, MA and Phoenix, AZ
- City of Mason Municipal Aquatic Center in Mason, OH
- Medical Office Building in Boiling Springs, SC
- Westminster Presbyterian Church in Durham, NC
- North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics in Morganton, NC
- Municipal Maintenance Facility in Prior Lake, MN
- Mixed-Use New Construction Building in Hoboken, NJ
The Advantages of ArmorWall:
NFPA 285 Approved
Fully passed the NFPA 285 on its own without a required cladding on the front. This allows most UL tested, listed, and approved exterior finishes to qualify as part of the complete wall assembly.
Panel is manufactured using patented fusion technology bestowing unique properties to ArmorWall VP. Lamination not being party to the process allows a smooth foam backing.
Thanks to the fusion technology and the elements of which ArmorWall is comprised, the structural strength of the panel allows direct attachment for cladding to the panel without the requirement of pin-pointing the studs.
Thermal Control Layer
The insulating layer of high density foam insulation is fused to the structural sheathing element which provides ease of use when conforming to the continuous insulation requirements in evolving building codes. The thermal layer is offered in a few standard thicknesses to meet the project required R-Values.
Air Control Layer
When properly sealed using ArmorSeal Sealant application at all seams and fasteners, the factory coated panels meet the IBC requirements for an air barrier assembly without the need for additional materials.
Water Control Layer
Armorwall passes the tests as a water resistant barrier for pressure totaling two hours. Once the fasteners and seams have been sealed the structure is considered dried-in and interior construction may commence.
ArmorWall is ideal for handling the stress of factory-built wall assembly manufacturing process, including movement within the facility, deflection during transportation, and racking during wall erection. Self-adhered membranes have tremendous adhesion to the ArmorWall surface.
Mold and Mildew Resistant
No paper facings exist within the assembly to promote any biological growth.